What Classifies a Senior Pet?
Thanks to advances in veterinary medicine, it’s a fact that our pets are now living longer!
As responsible pet owners, this is a rewarding experience, but we now also face a whole set of age-related conditions.
Although senior dogs and cats may not outwardly appear old, certain changes are progressively taking place. These include changes in metabolism, special senses, behaviour, the oral cavity and other major body organs.
Seniors are classified as cat and small dogs over 9-years of age, and large dogs over six years of age.
Regular Veterinary Care
We recommend that Senior Pets should have at least two veterinary visits per year instead of annual visits, so signs of illness or other problems can be detected early and treated.
To celebrate our Senior Pets this winter, we’re promoting an exclusive Winter Warmer special in July. Our Seniors Package costs $300 and includes a consultation which focuses on your pet’s overall health and optimal wellbeing, a full blood test and urinalysis (saving up to $60).
In addition, receive free mobility and dental supplements, plus a branded outdoor rug to keep your pet warm and cosy this chilly winter season.
Take our short questionnaire below to see if your pet would benefit from our Winter Warmer package (noting the consultation is available all year round).
Take our Short Questionnaire
Spend a moment to review your Senior pets health with our handy checklist below.
- Does your pet suffer from changes in appetite?
- Is your pet stiff when first getting up in the morning or after a nap?
- Have you detected any new lumps and bumps on the skin, or changes to the size and shape of pre-existing lumps?
- Does your pet have an increased water intake?
- Is your pet experiencing changes in behaviour such as disorientation, or simply not wanting to play as much?
- Does your pet suffer from bad breath or discoloration of the teeth?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above points, don’t hesitate to jump onboard our Winter Warmer senior pet consultation this month.
Contact our friendly reception team or book online today.